LebMASH, founded on Sept. 4th 2012, is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, registered in Lebanon, and governed by a board of directors that includes Lebanese health professionals based in Lebanon and the United States. LebMASH aims at advancing sexual and reproductive health for all individuals in Lebanon, with particular focus on LGBT and other marginalized populations in Lebanon.
Advancing healthcare for LGBT individuals and sexual/reproductive health for all individuals in Lebanon.
1. Spread awareness and knowledge, as well as influence attitudes and behaviors of health care providers regarding LGBT health and sexual health in Lebanon.
2. Spread awareness and knowledge, as well as influence attitudes and behaviors of the general public regarding LGBT health and sexual health in Lebanon.
3. Influencing and changing policies and legislations in professional organizations including schools, hospitals and governmental agencies to protect the health rights and well-being of LGBT individuals and sexual health in Lebanon.
4. Advancing research regarding LGBT health and sexual health in Lebanon.
5. Supporting other organizations that provide healthcare for LGBT and sexual healthcare in Lebanon.
In April 2014, LebMASH became officially registered with the Lebanese government as not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, allowing LebMASH to operate in Lebanon in full compliance with the Lebanese law.
LebMASH Logo by Tarek Atrissi Design
We are honoured to have our logo designed by a young, talented and worldly Lebanese expat. The logo of LebMASH was designed by Tarek Atrissi Design; a Netherlands based award winning design studio with a particular expertise in branding and design for the Arab world. The logo design is minimalist and abstract: It uses as a graphic element the three diacritical dots typically used in the Arabic script, stacked on top of each other. These symbolize three key points LebMASH is advocating: “Awareness”, “Education” and “Change” in the Middle East, stacked on top one another to symbolize that by education we can build awareness to achieve change.