Winnter of the GLMA LGBT Achievement Award
On the 16th of September, LebMASH was the recipient of the 2017 LGBT Health Achievement Award at the 35th GLMA Annual conference on LGBT Health held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This prestigious award has honored, since 1999, different schools, organizations and individuals who contribute to the advancement and inclusion of LGBT health issues in health care.
LebMASH, founded on Sept. 4th 2012, is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, registered in Lebanon, and governed by a board of directors that includes Lebanese health professionals based in Lebanon, the United States and Canada. LebMASH aims at advancing sexual and reproductive health for all individuals in Lebanon, with particular focus on LGBT and other marginalized populations in Lebanon.
Advancing healthcare for LGBT individuals and sexual/reproductive health for all individuals in Lebanon.
1. Spread awareness and knowledge, as well as influence attitudes and behaviors of health care providers regarding LGBT health and sexual health in Lebanon.
2. Spread awareness and knowledge, as well as influence attitudes and behaviors of the general public regarding LGBT health and sexual health in Lebanon.
3. Influencing and changing policies and legislations in professional organizations including schools, hospitals and governmental agencies to protect the health rights and well-being of LGBT individuals and sexual health in Lebanon.
4. Advancing research regarding LGBT health and sexual health in Lebanon.
5. Supporting other organizations that provide healthcare for LGBT and sexual healthcare in Lebanon.