Winnter of the GLMA LGBT Achievement Award
On the 16th of September, LebMASH was the recipient of the 2017 LGBT Health Achievement Award at the 35th GLMA Annual conference on LGBT Health held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This prestigious award has honored, since 1999, different schools, organizations and individuals who contribute to the advancement and inclusion of LGBT health issues in health care.
LebMASH, founded on Sept. 4th 2012, is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, registered in Lebanon, and governed by a board of directors that includes Lebanese health professionals based in Lebanon, the United States and Canada. LebMASH aims at advancing sexual and reproductive health for all individuals in Lebanon, with particular focus on LGBT and other marginalized populations in Lebanon.
The Lebanese Medical Association for Sexual Health (LebMASH) is an organization of health care professionals that aims to achieve equity in health with focus on sexual health and the health of marginalized groups such as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals.
- Promote research in sexual health, and the health of marginalized groups such as LGBT individuals
- Integrate cultural competency, sexual health, and the health of marginalized groups such as LGBT individuals in health profession education and continuing education
- Promote evidence-based knowledge to inform conversations in the media and among the public on issues related to sexual health, and the health of marginalized groups such as LGBT individuals
- Influencing and changing policies and legislations to protect health rights and well-being of marginalized groups
- Increase access to care for marginalized groups such as LGBT individuals.
- Eliminate discrimination and harmful practices in healthcare that impact marginalized groups such as LGBT individuals.